BACKGROUND

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fire Fire Fire!

So this is just going to be a short post but I couldn't stand to NOT record the happenings of the evening. I get home from church this afternoon and start watching some Grey's Anatomy before going over to my parents house. At about 430 my dad texts me and asks if I'm okay....I thought that was kinda weird because nothing had happened to make me not okay. He then tells me that there is some fires around town and that Brock was crying and begging him to text me and make sure I was ok. So I finished my episode and went over to my parents. As I walked out of the apartment I looked over and a whole wall of the parking garage was fallen over and huge branches were all over the back yard thing. Then as I drove across town I saw the huge billowy dark sky. Anyways I am making this longer then it needs to be but I got to my parents and they acted like it was just another normal day. I asked if they were thinking about evacuating and they were like nah...not till we can actually see the fire. As I drove over I saw a bazillion cars driving over to the south side and I was wondering how close the fire was. Needless to say we have just been chilling out at home all night, playing some games, watching some TV ..no bags packed...haven't done a THING. I don't want to offend anyone because I am sure some people were closer to the fire and had more reason to pack but my dad walked into the bedroom after about a billion people had called and he was like ...I guess this kinda thing separates the normal from the crazy HAHHA I couldn't believe my ears..but oh well! I guess that just makes us one of a kind. Everything seems under control though and I hope not too much damage was done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment