BACKGROUND

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Blessings Galore!!!

This week Andrew and I have been sooo blessed. We try to count our blessings everyday but this week we had really obvious blessings. I don't want to get into too much detail but Andrew and I didn't start off in a really great financial position. We have been working..welll Andrew has been working so hard to get us out of it and prepare us to feel more secure and start saving money for a house. This week Andrew went to pay his taxes...don't even ask why he is paying taxes in November lol...Anyways the guy told him that it was going to be $160 for doing the taxes...and Andrew was like...I only paid 50 last year...then the guy said were you a student last year? Anyways long story short, the lady forgot to deduct his schooling from his taxes and lets just say that saved us A LOT of money. Then Andrew has this mobile home out in Coutts that he bought to get a better knowledge of how to buy and sell a house, without it being an actual house. The guy he has got in there is renting to own but he was sooo bad at paying rent on time and he kept losing his job and just kinda scummy I guess. So one day he offered to just buy the house, he tried to skrew us over..but me being the business woman I am wouldn't take no for an answer even though softy Andrew was willing to settle. Again, long story short, he ended up giving us the money that he still owed on the house and now we don't have to worry about him trashing the house if we kicked him out or anything... it is ALL his now...and we have a big addition to our savings account!! WOO HOO! Then we had a $30 electricity bill and we only pay $525 for rent so that was pretty much a ridiculous amount for a month of bills haha. Andrew also found a truck on Kijiji that he really likes and thought it was a great find. He bought it and brought it home today...I don't really like it at all...I think part of the reason is because it has a flat deck on the back and so to me it is super ugly...but Andrew loves it. He came to the school to take me for a ride and I couldn't find my seatbelt so he pulled up in the parking lot over by the dariyqueen on the westside. He put the e-brake on and pulled the seat down to find my seatbelt...we were both looking for it and felt NOTHING...but for some reason I just looked up and I realized we were literally like 20 inches from hitting this van in the DQ drive thru. Andrew slammed on the brakes and we just couldn't believe our eyes that we DIDN'T hit this guy. We both HONESTLY did not feel a thing as we were rolling down the incline in the parking lot. I know it was because of the spirit that we didn't hit that van. Turns out the e-brake doesn't work in the truck...almost learned that the hard way...but the guy we almost hit was so NICE...I would have been peeved but he just made sure we were O.K. There were lots of other blessings this week but those were the big ones and I am so grateful we were blessed with them. I know that we can be blessed when we show the Lord our works. Andrew has been so willing to do this big new calling of his and I know MANY people would not want a calling like Andrew's. I also know it is because we pay our tithing and because of our fast on Sunday. Sometimes the Lord is just waiting to bless us if we show him our faithfulness. :)
Anyways GREAT WEEK...a lot of studying to do this weekend and I am going straight into final exams in full force!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment