BACKGROUND

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Finally Done!!!

So today was officially Andrew's last day of work. He had to work from 5am yesterday morning till noon today! What a crazy boy he is. Yesterday I had two huge exams and I basically spent the whole weekend from Thursday till Sunday studying for them. I also had class all day...from 8 till 9 at night with just a short break in the middle. I found out that I got 90% on my law midterm which was worth 45% of my grade so I was pretty happy about that! Plus our prof is a wicked hard marker....maybe I should become a lawyer ;). Anyways what I was trying to get at, is that I decided to make today my weekend per say. I got home from institute at noon and Andrew and I went out to the Cheesecake for lunch. We treated our selves to a delicious meal and then a piece of chocolate peppermint cheesecake to follow which I would definitely recommend! Then my wonderful husband...seriously though...decided to take me out to the mall!!!! For the past couple months I have been talking about getting another pair of long yoga pants because they are just so dang comfortable. I only have one pair but they were originally my moms and they are a little too short for my legs. So we go to onetooth and everything is pretty picked over so I say to Andrew that we should just go home and have a nap because he hasn't slept in like 30 some odd hours. He doesn't really like that plan so much. He says to me lets go to the mall and walk around for a bit...I'm not tired right now. So we go to the mall and in a very loving way he basically tells me that wearing yoga pants with my nice "going out" jacket doesn't match so well. I love my husband but he isn't too observant...so if he thinks yoga pants and my jacket look bad together...then everyone else must as well hahahaah! I thought he just wanted to get another more casual jacket but he was talking about getting me a real nice winter jacket. After a bit of looking I realized that he wanted me to get a snow boarding type jacket...well everyone knows how much those are!!! We looked at all the big stores but I just didn't want to part with that much money!! My other coat is fine....but he insisted...so we came out with a grey Burton jacket that is absolutely adorable...and now my husband can rest assured that people will stop thinking that I am incapable of dressing myself hahah. So now I'm pretty happy and I'm thinking that were going to leave...when we walk past LuLu Lemon....I didn't know we had one of these in Lethbridge...but we do! I think just for the Christmas holidays but we just went in to browse and sure enough and I walked out of there with a new pair of exercise pants.......and it doesn't end there! We proceed to below the belt where Andrew insists I buy a new pair of jeans....I keep saying no that we don't need them....and then he brings up that I only have one pair of jeans and I wear them everyday....which is true....but I'm a poor student and these are the kind of sacrifices you make. He then says...well Nick...you've got a hot butt...people notice it....so people notice you wear the same pants everyday. OVERALL a somewhat INTERVENTION took place today. For one, my Husband helped me realize that I can't dress myself...or that I just don't put a lot of time into realizing what I go out in...hahaha but MOST IMPORTANTLY I have the most selfless husband ever. He literally works soooo hard for his money and he decided that he wanted to take me out and use his hard earned money to let me enjoy being a not so poor student for a day. I absolutely love me husband...and not because of the wonderful gifts he bought me today...I love him because he puts me first in everything. He is such an amazing guy and I am so lucky to have found him. Now I just have to find a special way to show him how much I appreciate it!! Our 2 year anniversary is coming up on the 20th so maybe I will think of a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment