BACKGROUND

Monday, February 10, 2014

Date Night

Since I have basically been pregnant 16 months of the past 3 years, Andrew and I have sometimes struggled with finding time to go out. I have an incredibly sensitive tailbone when I'm pregnant and I can hardly sit for longer then 15 minutes without it aching. I literally have my nursing pillow around my back all the time for support. We made a goal to get out more this year because I do believe it is helpful both for my relationship with Andrew and my controlling nature hahah! I haven't ever left Scarlette with a "real" babysitter lol...she is usually with my Mom or little sister but we are going to try to be more open to the idea of having someone else come over if there is something we really want to do and our families can't babysit for us. Anyways, this Saturday Andrew and I decided to have my sister over to babysit for us in lou of our anniversary (on the 19th). My family is heading off to California for reading week so we decided to celebrate early this year. We went out to dinner at Earls and then headed over to Movie Mill to see Hunger Games. I have been wanting to see this movie since it came out but we waited so long that I figured we might as well wait a couple more weeks till it came to the Mill. It was SO good. I thought they did an awesome job at staying true to the books and the acting was making me so emotional!!! Andrew said he teared up a few times but I was just getting super angry at the fricken capital! I also couldn't decided which kind of slushy I wanted which led to me getting both and making Andrew pretend that one of them was his...hahah. I even brought my nursing pillow to the movie with me which got me a lot of funny looks but hey...whatever makes me comfortable! It was still pretty hard to sit for that long and my tailbone was on fire by the end so that will probably be the last movie I see till the baby comes but it was worth it!!! Anyways, it was a great night out with the hubby and everything ran smoothly at home which makes me happy!
-Nicole

1 comment:

  1. so glad you got a date night!! I need to come over and visit again before baby comes!

    ReplyDelete