BACKGROUND

Monday, June 25, 2012

June 25th 2012!

I have been so busy the past week that I have hardly had time to come on the computer, much less blog! I think my body is going into a weird "I gotta get everything done before baby mode" because I have had sooo much energy lately. Andrew and I are able to go on walk everyday and I could walk forever and ever and ever! I don't know if I said in my last blog that I have a pinched nerve, but I do. I thought it was just back pain but I was very wrong....so if you see me in the next couple weeks I will be sitting with a big pillow behind my back to relieve the pressure that baby Maclean is putting on my nerve! Walking feels AMAZING and when I get closer to being full term I am going to be walking crazy amounts each day....but for now I will stick to about 2.5 kilometers a day. I don't think I have too many crazy pregnancy stories....I have yet to wet myself and my belly growth has really seemed to slow. I feel like I got big really fast, kept growing rapidly and now I'm kind of at a stand still. On Sunday a few people came up and asked how many months I had left and I said 5 weeks and they were very surprised.....they thought I was quite small for 8 months....maybe they were just being nice ;) or it could be because she seemed to have "dropped" last week.

Scarlette kicked Ciara for the first time last week ( she has been very skeptical/jealous of a new baby in the family) and she just has not stopped talking about it since! She always puts her hand on my belly and watches the weird belly wave that Scarlette likes to perform, which has been pretty great! I was really scared she might think the baby was taking some attention away from her but I think our whole family could use a little piece of heaven right about now. I know I talk about the baby a lot, but I just feel so incredibly blessed to have been trusted enough by our Heavenly Father to be a mother. Andrew and I have been speculating on what she is going to look like, how big she is going to be and if she is going to look like a Scarlette in the past couple days because of how close we are getting!

A couple months ago, Scarlette was kicking around and I decided to figure out when her due date really was going to be. I thought who better to ask then Scarlette herself! So I told her that she should kick when I said her birthday. I kept saying random dates out loud until she kicked again. I probably named about 10 dates and she was very still...then I said July 24th and she gave a big kick! So in my mind, she is going to be born July 24th haha!

On friday night, Andrew and I decided to decorate Scarlette's room. We put up her letters, brought her dresser over, set up the change table, figured out how to work the diaper genie, put a little shelf up for her and bought all of our last minute baby items! Then Andrew went upstairs to watch T.V. and I decided to take all the clothes off the hangers and wash them.....LET ME TELL YOU...I almost had a big cry. I knew I bought a lot of clothes.....but I did not realize that I had bought enough clothes for triplet girls! I would buy an outfit here and there, then I would hang it up on a hanger in her closet. It took me 5 hours to take all the clothes off the hangers, cut all the various tags off/de-sticker, sort into whites, lights and darks and wash 3 loads of baby clothes. I really hope Andrew is right about us having a house full of girls because I have enough clothes to last all my babies. I also went out today and got pink drapes for her room because there were these really ugly blue ones and they only covered half the window....pretty sure that won't cut it for a newborn. Also, speaking of near cry experiences...Andrew wanted me to post this one. I try really really hard not to cry or else I will cry for like 2 hrs and go over all the things that I didn't cry about when they happened. So ...one night, Andrew and I were in the kitchen and I asked Andrew to take the garbage out because I had cleaned the whole house by myself while he had been out dirt biking all day. There was one last banana and I was REALLY craving a banana. I peeled the banana and for some reason it had been broken in half so the top half fell off.....no big deal..I just cleaned and washed the floors today. I go to pick it up and realize that Andrew had come upstairs in his gross muddy dirt biking clothes probably to tell me a story about how sick dirt biking was that day and there was dirt/ mud EVERYWHERE. So then.....(I admit this is my fault) I was so extremely mad that half my banana was ruined and the insane pregnant woman came out in me and I threw the other half of the banana at Andrew's head. Then I stormed into the bathroom and sat on the toilet....because I realized I had to pee in the midst of my banana ordeal.....and honestly had to contemplate whether or not the loss of my banana was worth the BIG CRY. Andrew is hysterically laughing in the kitchen because he thinks this whole thing is hilarious...he peaks his head into the bathroom and realizes that I am contemplating the worth of the banana. He says some smart comment about how I could have had half of the banana if I hadn't thrown it at his head and I said "Andrew....can't you tell I am contemplating having a break down over not getting to eat that banana I was really craving"...he continues to laugh even harder and then being the good husband he is, he offers to go out and get me some more bananas.....which I decline because they just wouldn't be the same as the banana that I dropped in his mud.

So this was an extremely long post....most of these stories are so I will remember them but I do hope that they will give someone else a little bit of enjoyment!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha Nicole this is such a great story. I'm glad everyone has freak out moments. You're not the only one, and the rest of us aren't even pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! your stories are hilarious! Do you blog with pictures? Where do I see baby bump pictures?!?!

    ReplyDelete