BACKGROUND

Friday, June 1, 2012

1 more week in the Yukon!

Well, this post probably won't be too long because our internet has been really slow the past couple days. It is my last week in the Yukon and we have been trying to get as much touristy stuff done as possible. This past week we drove all the way to Alaska to look at the beautiful scenery and to enjoy our Sunday afternoon. It was quite a nice day and we were able to stop a lot and get some nice pictures (see facebook). We even saw a black bear! It was one of the most beautiful black bears I have ever seen...not that I have seen many but it was pretty cool to see it up close without a ton of traffic behind you trying to get into Waterton. We took a couple mornings this week to go downtown and walk through all the little shops. I took some pictures which I will upload later this week that document what the store fronts look like. Whitehorse has definitely tried to keep their town looking like it did in gold rush times. Another morning we went to the Beringia Interpretive Centre which basically has a bunch of skeletons of animals that were around during the ice age. We took lots of cool pictures of a wholly mammoth and HUGE beaver. We also went to the transportation museum to look at all the old plains, trains and automobiles that were used in the gold rush. We definitely feel that we did all the touristy stuff that we could. There is a couple other small towns around the Yukon that we will have to choose between on Sunday so we can go a do some last minute site seeing. We also went to this famous fish and chips/salmon restaurant downtown yesterday and Andrew was drooling over his fish and chips....I, of course, was not open to try something new so I opted for a chicken wrap.

During Andrew's work hours I have been busying myself with painting these really cute letters for Scarlette's room. I painted them sparkly pink and red then let them sit for a couple days and then I sanded them to look aged. They turned out pretty cute but I probably wouldn't have used red after seeing the finished product. The letters are alternating in colors so it kind of brings out S-A-L-T-E and C-R-E-T hahah maybe I am just really picky. Anyways, I have also been watching some Gilmore Girls which were only 10 bucks at wal-mart and reading my last 2 books. I just finished Divergent and Insurgent.....oh my goodnesss....they may not get the best reviews online but I LOVE them. They are based on dystopian society which is the same idea as hunger games but the plot is different and I just couldn't put them down. I definitely recommend them as a good summer read. If anyone has read anything good lately I would be glad to know what it was! I haven't scrapbooked this week because we have been pretty busy but I hope to get a couple more pages done before I head home. I also picked up "what to expect when your expecting: the first year" which is super interesting. It goes through tons of stuff and you can just pick and choose what applies to you. The reason I am so excited about it was that I found it at Wal-mart and it was 40% off. I bought my "what to expect when your expecting: pregnancy" one at chapters for like $22 bucks so I was happy to save some money!
Wow....maybe this was a longer post then what I thought haha!! Scarlette is doing well, she is no longer kicking very much but I feel her moving ALL DAY. She even manages to get her little feet up under my rib cage which is always a fun place to put them! She also knows when Andrew comes home because his voice is so much lower then mine and she will usually punch him when he puts his head on my belly (it is a loving punch). Anyways, hope everyone is having a good week with their own life adventures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment