BACKGROUND

Sunday, March 4, 2012

19 weeks and counting!!

So I have a couple little stories to tell from the past couple weeks. The first one was Andrew and I's wonderful date!!! So as you all know, Andrew has been going up North for the past 3 weeks. He came home for a day last weekend because they ran behind up there and the drilling guys weren't needed. We got up that morning not knowing what we should do and I came out of the shower and said lets go to calgary! So Andrew got ready real fast and we got on the road. Ofcourse we haven't had bad weather for almost all of the winter season and we go to Calgary on the one day it is snowing out haha. Andrew LOVES LOVES LOVES Bass Pro Shops so we go to the Cross Iron Mills mall. We get there and look around for a couple hours. We head down to see the cars at the far end of the mall and we stumble across an arcade. We go inside and it's like an OLD SCHOOL arcade. You know the ones that have tickets and prizes and everything!?!? Well we just HAD to play. We were hungry so we went to Boston Pizza which happened to be right next door and then played at the arcade. We honestly had SO much fun and we would recommend this to any couples who want to go on a super fun day date. We don't get to spend a lot of time together so when we have time we go all out haha. We were honestly running around and getting sweaty and laughing so hard. We felt like kids, we cashed in our tickets and got some crappy prizes haha but we definitely had a blast.

This week was pretty busy with work and school, and other work. It really keeps me busy haha. As I posted previously, my friend Britt had her baby so we had a surprise baby shower for her last night and it was SO fun! As I visited Brittany in the hospital it all kind of hit me that in a little over 20 weeks I would be there. I kinda started to feel faint because I realized that this pregnancy was for real. I know that sounds stupid but its true, I just started feeling some little kicks and my belly has popped out and so the hospital trip just topped it all off for me. I'm having a baby.Holy crap am I ready for this?!?

Church was good this morning, I love fast and testimony meeting ( we get some interesting testimonies in Chinook ward lol ). Andrew has been absent for a couple weeks now which has been hard but soon that will end! Andrew is going to leave drilling and find something where he can be home with me more often. After all it won't be just the two of us anymore soon enough. I had a nap this afternoon and watched runaway bride. My family came over later this evening and we had some of the leftover icecream cake and enjoyed funniest home videos together. I think they could tell I was lonely lol!!!!

In other news...ultrasound in 7 days!!! I am going to call Dr. Koegler early tuesday morning for him to confirm what our baby is...hope he isn't mad lol (I'm sure I'm not the first right?!?). Anyways, I hope everyone has a GREAT week this week :)

2 comments:

  1. Ummm I don't know how to become a follower on your blog. But I want to... and I'm excited!!! I'm gonna be the best auntie your kid ever has

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marg you are going to be the best auntie!!! I don't know how to become a follower either....I have to go to google and search every time I read your blog. Btw are you going to come to Canada in August???

    ReplyDelete