BACKGROUND

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ultrasound

Well, I probably will never look forward to another ultrasound again lol. Don't get me wrong, seeing the baby was an amazing experience but lets just say the ultrasound tech really has a lot to do with the experience. Being a first timer, I didn't realize how much 3 cups of water really was. My friends know me as the girl who takes 3 hrs to drink half a can of pop so to drink 3 cups of water was a huge feat! It took me about 5 minutes and I felt like puking after haha. So I sat on the couch for about 20 minutes and then that little feeling of having to go pee began. I still had an HOUR to wait. So at around 11:45 I could no longer stand to be in the apartment with the toilet so close and inviting haha. We headed to Radiology and Associates where I honestly almost wet my pants lol. At 12:15 on the dot our ultrasound called us and we headed into the room. I told her this was my first baby so she should have known that I wouldn't know what was going on. Talk about not having ANY compassion. She didn't even explain what was going to be happening during the exam she just started going at it. So about 3 minutes into the exam I asked how the heartbeat was and she snapped back "it's regular". Then I asked her what she was measuring and she was like "I'm going to do my work first and then we will do the show and tell" (I wish I could tell this story with the tone she was using---always use a mean tone when you read what she says lol!!). I completely understand that she didn't want to be bombarded with questions the whole exam but lets be real...I'm a first timer and I am BOUND of have questions. Anyways to lighten the mood after she was being so rude I said "is the head big??" and she was like " I'm not allowed to comment on the health of the baby...the head is regular!" So after that I just shut-up because I didn't want to get snapped at anymore. Andrew and I quietly chatted back and forth about the things he thought he was seeing. He saw the heart beating and he saw our babies foot and basically all the good stuff lol. Well the show and tell was about 5 minutes long where she showed us the profile of our baby, its face, its legs, its arms and its spine. By this time I was annoyed because I am practically going to pee my pants and I want to see my dang baby for longer then 5 minutes!!! ( my sheet told me it was a 45minute exam and we had been in there for like 20 minutes) So I go on to say " is my baby a prude or do you know the gender?" ...she didn't really understand what I was asking and so she snapped back " I'm not allowed to disclose the gender of the baby". So I was like " yeah I understand that but do YOU know the gender" and she was like "yes of course". So then I was like "I know you can't tell me the gender but can you hover over that area and she was like "no." SOOOO then she threw a towel on me and said to wipe off and then she was like "here's your pictures and the bathroom is right outside this door..your free to leave". Most horrible ultrasound tech ever!!!! I honestly thought they would be a little bit more fun with the patient...after all it is the most exciting time of a girls life!

Anyways we have been moving small stuff this week and plan to be done moving by Saturday. Tomorrow is my appt. with Dr. Koegler so we will find out the gender tomorrow morning....FINALLY lol!!

No comments:

Post a Comment