BACKGROUND

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lovely Surprises!

Well this week has been a hectic one! I have so many exams and assignments due before reading week that I have been up to my neck in homework. Last week Andrew and I house sat for my grandparents and we had an awesome time! Andrew was gone for the first couple nights but after that we just relished in the fact that we were living in an actual house. I took full advantage of the dishwasher and only washed one dish the whole week. We also had 3 different bathrooms to use and when your use to sharing one...it is pretty nice(most married girls/ girls with brothers know what I mean by this haha). We also had a T.V. in the room we were sleeping in so it was nice if we wanted to watch a show that we could just roll over and fall asleep where we were done. Andrew also enjoyed the fact that if I was watching a girlie show he could go downstairs and watch his storage wars lol. We also watched my grandparents dog which was nice. I got out walking everyday which I heard is correlated with having more intelligent babies...hahah exercise that is. We did realize that having a dog is a lot of work...they always want to come in and spend time with you, they stink a lot, they bark at 4am, they can't just sit still but always need attention....good thing were having a baby hey!!! I don't know if were quite ready for this new adventure but oh well....too late to change our minds....JUST KIDDING we are so excited. Speaking of the baby, we find out what it is in 27 days....would have been less if February wasn't a long month this year. We are also 5 days away from our first anniversary which is quite exciting! I knew that the first year would be the hardest but man alive was it the fastest hahaha I honestly do not feel like Andrew and I have been married a year already. We also dated for a ridiculous amount of time so we are going on 2 and a half years of being together which is crazy.

This weekend Andrew had to go away again for work so I have been over at my parents house quite a bit, I also got some new books that I have been reading :) this has kept me away from the T.V. Anyways on Sunday Andrew couldn't wait to surprise me any longer and I think he could tell I was missing him so he texted me where my Valentine's day present was. Before I tell you what it is I want to quickly tell you what we did on Friday night. Andrew got home late from work so we weren't able to make it out to his friends wedding so we decided to go The Vow instead. We had enough time to go out for dinner because the movie wasn't till 9:50...in celebration of Andrew being gone on Valentines day and our anniversary being on a Sunday we decided to go all out and try The Keg. Well the line there was 50 minutes and I'm pregnant...therefore hungry and grumpy so we call up moxies and their wait time is 20 minutes. Off we go to Moxies. While we waited a nice hostess boy offered us wine and we politely declined and I explained that we don't drink and I am pregnant...his response was something along the lines of "oh I'm sorry about that" or "oh thats too bad" hahah...actually we are really excited about it! Apparently he thought it was horrible news...I've never heard a reaction like that before...perhaps " congrats" would be in order. The wait was longer then expected, probably closer to 30 minutes so by the time we got the food we were chowing down...hardly speaking at all LOL. After dinner we wanted the bill fast so we could get in line for good seats at the movie...while we were paying I must have made a comment about being married because the server was like "you guys are married?!?!"(picture a baffled expression...obviously we must have looked like we just wanted to eat and get the date over with hahaahahah). We told her we were coming on our first anniversary and she was like..."wow you just look so young"....I decided at that moment I probably shouldn't tell her that I was almost four months pregnant as well HAHA we might get a response similar to the hostess boy(technically a host...but I like the name hostess boy better). We went to The Vow and it was AWESOME ...not really what I expected but definitely a must see for couples. When we got home I was being kinda hormonal and I got all the baby clothes out that we had bought prior to finding out that we were pregnant. Due to the fact we think it is a boy I started complaining that all we have is girl clothes ( like 14 outfits and a cute little jacket with shoes). I have one pair of overalls and a unisex sleeper.......this boy is going to be in his birthday suit a lot. SOOOOO

Back to me opening my Valentines day present. Andrew doesn't have a lot of time so how he found time to do this I have no idea. He wrote a beautiful card ( he always fills them all the way up in small writing...one of his best qualities is he never does anything without it being heartfelt). I obviously started crying because it was so thoughtful and beautiful and lets face it...Andrew is a little rough around the edges and I just LOVE his soft tender side( I also get a nice loving giggle out of his cute spelling mistakes "huspand" "dreemed"). My favorite funny line of the card was " lets face it, I know more about aliens then newborns". Then I opened the present and there was the CUTEST little boy church outfit..complete with a vest and tie....it was so darling and man....I don't even think diamonds could have beat that.

Anyways...that is all I have for you this week! I might post later about what we do for our anniversary and Andrew has an interview with the police on Thursday so keep your fingers crossed goes well...also my 2nd prenatal appt is thursday morning...maybe I will record the heartbeat this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment