BACKGROUND

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Perfect Day

Maybe it was the weather but Scarlette and I had THE perfect day today. Scarlette is a great little girl everyday but she was SOOO happy today. I woke up at 8am and laid in bed for a little while, browsing Facebook and instagram. I saw the notification about the water conservation warning and I selfishly took a quick shower because I had visiting teaching appts. tonight and I looked terrible. I wanted to have one before the possibility of the City having to boil the water. I thought for sure the sound of the shower would wake Scarlette up but she continued to snooze. I went upstairs and made myself some PB&J for breakfast and quietly watched Kelly and Michael. It felt JUST like the last few weeks that I was pregnant with Scarlette. I even thought to myself...."I don't think I have showered and ate breakfast alone since Scarlette was born". It was kind of nice to have the morning to myself and spend some time focusing on Lexi for once. The days seem to FLY by during a second pregnancy, you hardly have time to ponder the second one haha. Scarlette eventually woke up around 10:45am and was all smiles when I went in to get her. She had some milk and PB&J for breakfast/lunch and I fixed her VERY messy hair  and got her dressed for the day (no bath for her haha I'm such a great mom). Andrew came home for lunch and we chatted with him while he was here and he informed me that he had sold our truck! yay!! He recently bought a little truck for $200 and fixed it up so we were able to sell our expensive truck for our house savings account! After lunch Scarlette and I gathered up the recyclables and jumped in the car. We stopped at the shop to pick up their recyclables and ran over to Green's pop shop. We scored $30 and Scarlette was totally mesmerized by the bottle depot...though her nose got all scrunched up when we first arrived haha. There were these little puppies in the vehicle next to us and when we went to walk down to the little store to collect our money these puppies went nuts for Scarlette. She LOVED them too. She kept barking the whole ride over to Costco. We got some groceries and picked up some PJ's that were on sale. I seriously should be banned from that store...I spend way more then I ever save. Scarlette wanted to try ALL the samples, she pointed to all the tables but I only let her try a couple of them haha. She especially loved the chocolate almond milk...too bad it was $15!! She fell asleep on the way home and had a little nap while I hauled everything inside. We made lasagna for dinner and cleaned up the house then I opened the back door and let her play outside on the deck. She was having an absolute ball...she kept bringing rocks in for me haha. Andrew came home around 7pm and she gobbled down his lasagna lol....she is such a weird little girl with eating...she never wants to eat off of my plate but she will eat whatever Andrew is eating. We played downstairs and folded some laundry while Daddy showered and now we are cuddled up watching Toopy and Binoo. Out of all the cartoons she has to like the weirdest one...I mean the mouse is a cross dresser. She has even got to the point where I had to buy her a Toopy and Binoo DVD because she refuses to watch any other cartoons. Anyways, this post was a total run-down of our very boring day but for some reason we just had SUCH a good day and I wanted to be able to look back and remember this first day of spring and how happy we were!! Also, I will be calling the Clinic tomorrow to see if my ultrasound results are in yet. It was a super long US so I'm hoping all is good with Lexi and that she is growing. I will update when I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment