BACKGROUND

Friday, March 14, 2014

Little Lexi Lou

So I actually should have updated a few days ago because I found out the results of my ultrasound on Wednesday but I got too busy being greasy and not cleaning my house....oh and by the way her middle name isn't Lou, I just keep calling her that haha. I went for my ultrasound on Monday and I usually get the gears every time I go because my dating has been off for both pregnancies. I always keep track of my dates but apparently my babies like to measure small at the 20 week ultrasound. This whole pregnancy "MY" due date has been April 9th haha...I just don't have the heart to change it in my mind after I go for my 20 week ultrasound. This time around I was given April 20th as my real due date at my 20 week US...quite a ways off. With Scarlette "MY" due date was July 31st but at the 20 week US they said August 8th...and she came the 13th...that's why it seemed like it took forever for her to get here!! Anyways, every time I go the US tech is super hard on me when I tell them what my LMP was. They NEVER believe me and always thoroughly explain that their dates are much more accurate...which I'm sure is true..but when an emotional pregnant lady gets delivered the news that she has to be pregnant for 2 weeks more then what she thought, it sucks! Backtrack to my last post if you didn't read it---my fundal height was measuring 30 and hadn't changed in 4 weeks so I was sent to have an US done to see if my baby was still growing. The US at this appointment was being skeptical about my dates and kept drilling me on if I was "sure that 34 weeks sounded correct". I just nodded my head because that was technically how far along I was for my April 20th due date (I know this all getting very confusing.) I couldn't POSSIBLY have my due date bumped to May or else I would DIE!!! I had a positive pregnancy test BEFORE Scarlette's first birthday on August 13th so this would imply that I was going to be pregnant for over 10 months....gah! I was praying my doctor wouldn't put me through that torture. I scoured the internet till Wednesday seeing what would happen if they bumped my due date but according to a bunch of very trusted sites (haha) the 20 week ultrasound is the most accurate so they would use that due date. I called the doctors office on Wednesday to see if my baby was still growing and I swear I heard the most glorious words uttered out of Kelsey's mouth haha!! She said "On Monday your baby was measuring 35 weeks 5 days"...therefore on Wednesday my baby was 36 weeks which is exactly in line with my April 9th due date (though once again, they will go with the more accurate 20 week US). I was SO happy afterwards!! This baby is growing after all! Then I had a laugh to myself because the US tech probably thought I was crazy when she asked if "34 weeks sounded correct?" and I just nodded my head with I'm sure a look of panic on my face...when really she was seeing a big fat 36 week baby on her screen. yay!


So I just read the post back and it is very confusing....props to you if you understood one word of it haha.

4 week countdown!!

No comments:

Post a Comment