BACKGROUND

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Baby Lexi Update

So last month I went into the doctors office for my 30 week appt. and my fundal height was right on, heart beat was good and head was down. Yesterday, I went in for my 34 week appt. and my fundal height was still 30!!! Heartbeat was 160 bpm and my glucose test came back negative which is great but my doctor couldn't quite figure out what he was feeling so we don't really know what position the baby is in anymore. I'm going in on Monday for another ultrasound so hopefully we can figure out what position this little munchkin is in. I am really hoping she was just sitting weird at the appt. and that she is still growing big and strong! I didn't gain very much weight between this appt. and the last though so I am a little bit worried about her. Kick count is still awesome though and I am still trying to eat a well balanced diet. I'm really hoping they don't have to take her out early and have her in the NICU. How ironic would that be....Scarlette wants to bake forever and this one has decided to stop baking. Anyways, I went out today and got a few things for the baby...not that she needs much. I got a baby book at Costco as well as a pack of onesies so that she can have a few things that aren't hand-me-downs. My grandma was getting on my case because I didn't have anything JUST for Lexi haha...we do have way too many clothes but Andrew also said something on Saturday about getting a few things that are JUST for Lexi so she doesn't complain when she is older that she had nothing new.  I also couldn't resist getting the girls matching owl PJ's ...they are so dang cute!! I can't believe we are already at the 5 week countdown!! Also, here are some funny pregnancy brain moments in the last few weeks.
1. Stood at the drier for about a minute trying to figure out why it wouldn't turn on...low and behold the door is wide open. Andrew and I had a good laugh at that one.
2. Ordered a disney piano book so I could play some songs for Scarlette. I must not have been paying attention but when it arrived and I opened it up I seriously burst out laughing because it is something I would have played when I was 10! I looked at the front cover to see EASY PIANO across the top.
3. Hid a box of Oreo's from Andrew a while back and went to get the popcorn maker and found the Oreo's!
4. All my maternity wear has gotten pretty tight so I have been wearing night gowns around the house as shirts because they are comfortable and long. Last night, Andrew and I were getting ready to watch a movie in bed (don't worry Scarlette was with us...this isn't X-rated haha) I decided to get in my "PJ's" so I took my Lulu's off, realized the convenience of wearing a night gown as a shirt and proclaimed "I guess I'm already in my jammies!". I don't know why, maybe we are way too overtired, but we both just burst out laughing and couldn't stop. Andrew says that he wishes he could film some of the stuff I do.

Anyways, that is the update for the week!

2 comments:

  1. The same thing happened to me with the fundal height thing! I had to get two extra ultrasounds to make sure she was still growing in there because I was measuring small. She was still right on schedule, just tucked in there tight. I'm sure she's just fine!
    PS: Don't tell Sam but I hide food from him sometimes too. He eats ice cream so fast I never get any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry little Lexi, aunty Kylie is making you your very own baby quilt!!

    ReplyDelete