BACKGROUND

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New Years 2013

Continuation from Christmas 2013 Post: The next day was boxing day and I use to LOVE going boxing day shopping but maybe kids has changed me because I have absolutely no desire to shop on boxing day anymore. I'm sure it would be more fun if I wasn't pregnant and could go with just Andrew but for the next couple years I'm pretty sure it won't be appealing to me. My parents didn't go anywhere either so they invited me over for a movie day. Andrew was up before Scarlette and I so he had started watching the Good Wife to try and catch up to me. Even though Andrew isn't really into traditions he seriously has one going on that he doesn't even realize.... After the hustle and bustle of Christmas Eve/Day with my family he is totally tuckered out and this is the 5th year running that I have found him in his garments/lounge wear, snuggled in a blanket with a huge tin of Quality Street and wrappers scattered everywhere. I remember the first year we were together (we started dating November 2009) I had gone over to his house on boxing day to get him for fun holiday festivities and he seriously was doing the EXACT same thing. Needless to say, we left him at home and just Scarlette and I went to my parents. Dad made us some breakfast and we ended up watching the Lone Ranger which Scarlette slept through and I was seriously having a hard time making sense of lol. Andrew worked on his sled the following day and Scarlette and I stayed home and got some of the housework caught up with. Saturday we went up to Calgary and went shopping. The malls were busy but actually surprisingly easy to get around in. Usually we are stuck behind slow walkers or people heading as fast as they can towards us...we can never win. We shopped for most of the day but Andrew and I didn't have too much money that we wanted to spend so we didn't buy too much. I bought a cute little light pink onesie that says "cutest little sister" and it is one of the only things I plan on buying for the new baby. After shopping we headed over to the Zoo lights and it was FREEZING. Then Dad treated us to Olive Garden which is one of my favourite places to eat. We had such a great time! I can hardly remember what we did for New Years and it was only 3 weeks ago lol. I got sick again New Years Eve with a soar throat/stuffy nose so I'm sure the baby was just loving all the down time I was having during the holidays. We went over to my parents house on New Years Eve and made personal pizza's, ate treats and played a few games. Scarlette started to get really grumpy at 10:30 so we didn't make it to midnight over there but Andrew and I got home and decided to watch a movie. I'm not THAT into NewYear's so after our movie we wished each other Happy New Years and went to bed lol....oh the life of a 23 year old married/pregnant girl. Then it was back to regular life! We sure miss having Daddy home but he goes stir crazy when he has too much time off. 

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment