BACKGROUND

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Baby Maclean #2

I always knew that I wanted to have my children in two's, I also knew I wanted a big family! I would love to have 6 children but Andrew is leaning more towards 4. He grew up in a family of 9 children and even though he loves his parents and all they sacrificed for him, he can't help but want to give his children things that he wasn't able to have. I grew up in a family of 4 children and we were very blessed to always have the opportunity to participate in a sport and in a music lesson every year. I leaned towards music, I played soccer for 7 years but I'll be honest, I was no good. Andrew didn't get to participate in extra curricular activities so he would like to be able to have our children participate in them without it affecting how much food is on the table. Anyways, that was kind of beside the point haha. 

Scarlette breastfed for 11 months and sure enough July 3rd I was visited by that special fairy that I hadn't been in contact with for 20 months (it was a nice break). Andrew and I knew we wanted two close together but for some reason Andrew kept telling me that he had a feeling that it would take us a year to get pregnant with the second. I started getting a little bit nervous because I didn't want him to be right. So, I guess we better start trying I thought! Well.....a LMP of July 3rd puts us at April 10th as our baby's due date....guess Andrew was wrong. I'm a little nervous but if I'm avoiding a summer baby I will take whatever I'm given haha!! 

This pregnancy has been different then the first and I have complained a lot. I was working at the time and knew something was up when I started craving Miss.Vicki's sweet chili and sour cream potato chips for breakfast instead of say...lucky charms. The first couple weeks I had tons of cravings that I couldn't keep control of... I just HAD to HAVE whatever I was craving. This one day I had an intense craving for McDonald's and Andrew had read an article about McDonald's beef so he refused to go get me a big mac. Then I just started bawling my face off...it was the weirdest thing...so he ended up going out and getting me my big mac HAH. I also couldn't avoid dairy queen onion rings and a cherry cheesecake blizzard...we made quite a few visits there as well. Then the nausea hit...every morning I would wake up and not want to eat anything! Nothing appealed to me and then my blood sugar would drop, the nausea would increase, I would finally resolve to eat something and by that time it was too late...my stomach rejected it. You think I would have learned after weeks and weeks of this to just force myself to eat something but I just COULDN'T. It is a really hard thing to explain...having absolutely no  desire to eat anything. I waited till I was about 16 weeks till I decided it wasn't going away and got some dicletin. It worked like a charm! I was only on that for about 6 weeks, ran out, and felt good ever since. I have also been super tired this time around. I can fall asleep in a matter of seconds if I lay my head down. Scarlette and I have enjoyed many a naps together in the past couple months. I didn't realize how much energy it takes to raise a one year old and be pregnant. This baby also moved super early...around 15 weeks I could recognize movement. Not everyday but every couple days I would be getting ready for bed and could feel her. As this pregnancy has progressed I have realized how different these children are going to be. Scarlette was a mover but she also had A LOT of downtime...she is definitely more chill like Andrew. This baby has kicked me a couple times where I seriously yelped out in pain and felt numbness afterwards LOL!! Feisty!! This baby is also awake a lot more then I ever remember Scarlette being awake. I feel her move a lot during the day and she even wakes me up at night....speaking of night time....I have actually considered wearing an adult diaper haha. I wake up at least 3 times a night to go pee. I remember waking up at around 5 am with Scarlette in the last month of pregnancy and then going back to bed. CRAZY SECOND BABY! 

Anyways, this post turned out to be way longer then I anticipated. More on Baby Maclean #2 in another post!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment