BACKGROUND

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Daddy Do-over

I just have to blog about the Maclean happenings this morning because they are pretty memorable. This story starts a couple days ago....I was at superstore looking for magnetic alphabet letters (still haven't found those yet so if you know where to find them let me know!) We went into the baby section for diaper genie refills and I noticed the baby shampoo was on sale (score)! So I went over to the purple lavender scent (our favourite) and made sure that I matched the underneath label code to the shampoo (I've worked at a pharmacy for 8 years so I would say that I'm well versed in this area of expertise). I don't go to Superstore often but EVERY SINGLE TIME I go when I get to the check-out my items never come up on sale...it really ticks me off! Anyways, the deal was so good that I grabbed a pink melon one and coral honeydew one or something like that (forget the scents...but colour will become important later on). We grabbed a couple more things and headed up to the check-out....we waited in line for a while and Scarlette and I were both getting grumpy. Sure enough my purple baby shampoo comes up full price and the pink and coral ones are on sale. I politely say that I checked the label and the purple one was also on sale (I also made sure what the limit was: 4). The guy called over to the baby department and they basically said "too bad, it's not on sale". I thought maybe they would just give it to me because it was marked wrong but alas they would not. This happens to me all the time at Superstore so I decided to avoid the argument and just get the pink and coral ones. Later that evening I was telling Andrew how I couldn't believe my luck at Superstore! I ALWAYS grab an item on sale and then as my baby is getting grumpier by the minute someone checks the price, tells me I'm wrong and then I leave the item. So I was basically bashing superstore. I know this is probably an extremely boring topic for Andrew to listen to but this is my life right now and that was one of the more interesting things that happened that day. I could tell he wasn't really listening to me so I proceeded to get grouchy at him for not listening very good. I told him specifically about the colours of the shampoo and how I switched Scarlette over to a pink one if he didn't see the purple one anymore when he was bathing her. I basically got a "yeah, yeah,yeah" from him but I could tell it had gone in one ear and out the other. 

So back to this morning. Andrew took Scarlette in the shower with him so I could get ready in peace upstairs. I was straightening my hair when I hear Scarlette start screaming...I thought he might have dropped her (I did that once when she was 4 months old..oops!) but I didn't hear a thud so I didn't immediately run downstairs. Then I kept hearing him say "what's wrong hun" "why are you crying" so then I realized that even he doesn't know what is wrong and by this time she is just wailing! So I ran downstairs and into the bathroom. I started asking him all these questions "did you drop her?" he said "no" then I asked "why is she crying" and he started getting grouchy with me and was like " I don't know!!" So I was trying to ask questions to get to the bottom of what happened because sometimes Men can't deduce as good as women. He said "I think she started crying after I shampooed  her hair...she keeps rubbing her eyes and screaming"... I then asked if he had rinsed it all out of her hair and off of her face...he stopped responding so I kept asking getting more and more impatient because I wanted to get her out of the shower and figure out what was wrong. He snapped on me so I then snapped on him haha and told him not to snap on me just because he felt like a retard (I know this sounds terrible but we were laughing about it like half an hour later). I finally opened the door to the shower and said she never cries when I shampoo her hair...did you accidentally get your shampoo in her eyes?? Then he said " NO! I used the purple stuff like I always do"......then I got this sinking feeling because my shampoo is pink, Scarlette's new shampoo is pink...and the only thing that is purple in the shower is the Bath and Body works body wash. So my poor baby had a huge handful of body wash rinsed into her eyes......OUCH!! Needless to say I got her out of the shower and comforted her while Andrew dried off. Her eyes were all red and puffy for about 10 minutes but then after singing multiple verses of "Old Macdonad" she was ready to get dressed and run around. I could tell Andrew felt super bad because he came in and was apologizing to Scarlette. Then the joking began between the two of us about how crappy of parents we are lol and how poor Scarlette has to endure our experimenting for the next while. Andrew also inquired about why I wouldn't have thought to inform him of my change in shampoo's.....Men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment