BACKGROUND

Sunday, January 27, 2013

2 Years.



So it is coming on Andrew and I's 2 year anniversary on the 19th of February. I am not sure what to expect but I can tell that it is going to be a good one! I know this may sound crazy but in my personal opinion the first 6 months-1 year of marriage was the hardest...mostly the first 6 months. You have just entered into a totally different kind of relationship after you get married. Things that your significant other didn't see before you got married are all of a sudden out in the open. Most people feel that they know their spouse pretty good but even after dating for almost and year and a half, I can tell you that there was and is a lot to learn about Andrew. During the first 6 months I really felt myself focusing on the negatives but now as we are coming on the 2 year mark I can't believe how much I focus on the positives. I admit, as Andrew will probably point out, that I have my days when I am super hard on him but for the most part I feel that marriage is starting to hit that wonderful stage everyone talks about! Andrew is one of the most giving people I have ever met, he is constantly asking me if he can get me anything and he ALWAYS makes sure I treat myself. Never once has Andrew made me feel bad if I purchase a little extra in the grocery department (Treats etc.) or buy a movie that we definitely don't need. He is always supportive of my dreams and aspirations and always tries to give me encouragement when I am feeling less then confident. Andrew also makes sure that I get my "mommy-time" and never a day goes by that he doesn't take the baby off my hands while I take a shower or read a book. Andrew works so hard for our family and making sure that we are provided for, he would work 24/7 if he could  make sure Scarlette gets whatever she needs/wants! Andrew is kind and loving, always trying to squeeze a hug out of me or get me to calm down and snuggle with him (I'm kind of a busy body). He is 100% willing to do anything I need him to if I tell him it is important to me. Andrew will be the first to admit that he slacks in the cleaning up after himself/cleaning up in general department but just tonight he got up and did the dishes and there has been times where he cleans up the living room without being asked.....now if I could find a way to get him to do a bathroom lol!! Lastly, and most importantly, Andrew is an AMAZING father!!! I couldn't have been on this journey without him. I don't know how some women do it alone. Andrew is always talking away to Scarlette and trying to get her to smile at him. He constantly tries to teach her how to do more things and is patient with her when she is grumpy. You will often here me say that I got a "devil child" but Andrew always says "oh she isn't, she is such a good girl!!" So here's to my handsome husband!!! Thanks for putting up with me for the past 2 years and I'm glad you get to put up with me for eternity!! He definitely got the short end of the stick!!! I love you hunny!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment