BACKGROUND

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Scarlette is 5 months old!!!





Well....not technically. Scarlette will be 5 months old on the 13th and I can't believe this much time has already flown by! At 5 months old Scarlette is really adventurous... she can:

  • grab things...some of her favourites include my hair, my shirt and her links 
  • scratch...this just happened in the past month but she scratches all types of material to see what kind of sound it makes....she also likes to scratch my wrists and occasionally she will get my face if I don't move fast enough! 
  • sit in her bumbo! She has been really good at holding her head up (she's a Maclean baby...not a weakling Hendry baby) since she was little but her bumbo has made her so strong! She will even sit for short periods on her own but her balance isn't very good yet. 
  • Chatter...she will chatter on and on to herself. She gets especially loud before bed
  • She got a bouncer toy for Christmas but her legs just aren't quite long enough to bounce in that yet haha but she will stand up and bounce on our laps.
  • She recognizes her name.
  • She whimpers when I leave the room and depending on the circumstance it is either super hard to get anything done or super cute
  • She chews/sucks on everything!!! My shirt is constantly wet from her drool and I worry about all the germs from people's hands.
  • She is 16 lbs and not slowing down in the eating department.
  • She loves mummy's iPod touch haha! She is always grabbing it when I play bejeweled blitz. 
  • She is SO high maintenance..she likes being held a certain way and hates being in one room for too long. She sure gives me a good exercise carrying her around the house all day!

I love Scarlette dearly but I sure need a lesson in parenting because she is the grumpiest baby ever! I change her diaper frequently, feed her more then enough, walk around the house with her, take her out grocery shopping, read books with her, put her down for naps when she is tired, give her gripe water for her upset belly and it just never seems to be enough! She is ALWAYS whining...just ask Andrew. The only times she isn't whining is first thing in the morning. Her only saving grace is the fact she is such a good sleeper at night but just this past week she has been up every 2 hours during the night with diarrhea. She then feels the need to nurse and I let her because I don't want to wake Andrew up. We already had the flu and I doubt it is teething already....but it could be I guess. Any moms have any ideas what to do with this little girl???? What helped your kids when they were fussy?

Anyways, as for Andrew and I, we are doing pretty good. Andrew just LOVES his new job working at Mr. R's (he is apprenticing to be a mechanic). I am taking up photography as a hobby and it has proven to be harder then expected but you know me, always up for a challenge! I love school and since I finished last semester I have been needing something to keep me learning. Also, my Grandpa's funeral was last week and it was so beautiful! Can I just say that he would have loved it! Everyone did so well and I know he is doing the Lord's work on the other side. Well, I better get back to my couple hours of freedom while the babe sleeps!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment