BACKGROUND

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

6 Months Old

So my baby is 6 months old on the 13th and I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. Scarlette just went to her 6 month check-up yesterday and had her 4 month shots today (whoops I'm a bad mom haha). Scarlette is currently an ounce shy of 17 lbs....yeah she is a solid girl...but apparently that is the 56 percentile so pretty average. Her head circumference is in the 82 percentile and her length is in the 46 percentile. So overall she is pretty average for weight and height but has a pretty big noggin! I think in my last post about Scarlette I referred to her as a "devil child"....well I scheduled her 6 month check up a week early because I really wanted to know why she was fussy all of the time...and all of a sudden, last week, she was fine. Of course I go into the doctor and have nothing to complain about because she is finally on a schedule and semi sleeping through the night (it is hit or miss with her). Anyways, this is my little peanut at 6 months old---


Scarlette can now sit up but I still hover around because I don't want her falling on her head too many times. She rolls over whenever you put her on her back but she cannot figure out how to flip from her belly to her back. She is starting to expand her vocabulary with sounds like "bah" and "mah" and "nndah" but she doesn't really know what she is saying. She always has a finger or toy in her mouth and I am quite surprised she hasn't cut a tooth yet with the way she was gnawing on my chin the past couple weeks ( I even had a chin hickey to show for it!). Scarlette loves books and can turn the pages, she loves listening to me sing but apparently the Chinook Jazz Choir is not her style of music (she cried after she heard them sing haha). Scarlette is pretty strong with her legs and prefers to stand over sitting (typical--always wanting what she she can't have). I just love her to death though and sometimes when I think back to before we had her I forget what it's like. 

As for me, I am a T.V. addict and finished 2 seasons of Pretty Little Liars and got caught up in the 3rd season in one week. I am also caught up in Vampire Diaries and Grey's (though I have to admit I am quite bored with the last two). Any suggestions for another good TV show? preferably on netflix?

Hopefully I will post again soon so I don't have to write a novel of a post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment