BACKGROUND

Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Monday!

So this semester I have been contemplating doing a double major. I have taken a few classes in finance and I absolutely love it. I love accounting too but I really love finance. I have learned all about the stock markets and about how to invest your money and get the most "bang for your buck" ( economics term)...anyways I really believe that if I never end up working a day in my life that if I have some more knowledge in finance that I could be making money at home. So what do I do ??? Go out on a limb and take finance courses this semester. Well the plus about this decision is that finance and accounting are like 5 courses different from being the same degree. If I had started out doing finance I would have had to catch up on a lot of accounting courses but since I started in accounting all my accounting courses count towards finance electives. ANYWAYS...regardless of what I decide I will have a degree by the end of the semester but if I want to go back and do a double major I can do that as well. The point of this rant...is that finance classes are in the afternoon and there is only one section of each class...therefore you take what you get. So on Mondays I don't have to be at school till 1:40 which has its pros and cons. Pros----I don't have to do anymore guilty studying on Sunday night because I have three exams on Monday morning before noon. Cons--I have to find things to do for 6 hours before school starts and be there till 5:45.

This morning I ended up waking up at 8:30 and reading the last Hunger games book till about 11.....I'm so close to being done! Then I got ready and made some yummy lunch. I got out the ingredients for dinner so I can make it right when I get home and did some reading for class. Overall today has been a good way to ease back into the week.

I don't really know what else to blog about. This weekend Andrew and I went to a young marrieds dance which was really fun and hung out with Miriam and Barry. Saturday we went grocery shopping, went to in-case-of to start on our self reliance goals and brainstormed on ways to budget for the coming months.

Andrew also ran his police tests this week..the physical ones...and he basically was the best in the group! There was about 20 of them and one guy beat him by mere seconds on the obstacle course but Andrew kicked everyone's trash at the running laps....so in my mind he basically was the best :) I really hope he gets on with the police this time around because we REALLY want to buy our first house and start living life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment