BACKGROUND

Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas/New Years

So I realize I have been MIA for the past couple weeks but my Mac doesn't work with our internet at home and I haven't been at the school either so I couldn't really blog ;) That being said, Andrew and I have had an AWESOME Christmas holidays. I haven't been able to spent hardly any time with my husband since we went out to sell security systems so it was a nice break that I got to spend with him. The first week Andrew was still working so I just chilled at home, caught up on some sleep I missed from exam week and went christmas shopping! This year we tried to cut back and I was pretty good at staying in my $20 per person limit...Mom says we will pull names next year which would be sweet! I would rather spend $80 on something really nice for someone instead of $20 on little things. On Christmas "Adam" we went out to New Dynasty with the Hendry's and had dinner as well as played games and Uncle Ron and Aunt Paula's new house...which is beautiful by the way. On Christmas Eve we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Lyons house and enjoyed a quiet evening because our family was the only one who could come this year. We slept at my parents house and had Christmas morning with them followed by church with the Maclean's and a delicious Christmas lunch. The girls spent the afternoon chatting and holding (fighting over holding) baby Emma while the boys set up the generator they bought for Brother and Sister Maclean. At 5 we went over to my Grandma Lyons' house for another delicious Christmas dinner and we were all stuffed full of turkey by the end of it! Andrew and I received awesome gifts which included scented candles, ironing board, blu-ray player, DVD's, tickets to Lady Antabellum and movie passes. Andrew got a sweet new wallet and I got a lulu jacket. We also got lots of chocolate and little stuff.

During our weeks off we enjoyed time going to movies, hanging out with our families and eating dinner together at a reasonable time. We are really lucky that my grandparents, Andrew's parents and my parents all live within 5 minutes of each other so it was pretty easy to see both our families every day.

New Years eve was interesting haha...we decided to spend our new years eve with Breanne and Kevin but we really didn't know what we wanted to do. We started off the night playing board games and chatting and then we decided to go to the married's dance......we thought there might be a couple young couples there....but...we were wrong...so very wrong lol. I think the youngest couple there was in their late 40's... and I am 21...so it was a big adjustment haha. We stayed for maybe 5 minutes to say hi to Breanne's parents and then we decided that we should head over to the YSA dance. We got to the YSA dance and a couple people wondered why we were there but in the last year that was been quite the turnover because I hardly recognized anyone....which was nice because we danced and had fun and no one really got mad at us for being there :) At about 11:30 we headed for my Uncle Ron's to ring in the New Year with my family and we ended up having a great night despite the lack of belongingness haha.

New Years day was also a Sunday so we went to church ( ughhh 9AM!!) Andrew taught his class and then we had dinner at my parents house. They had a big chilli dinner and a lot of my mom's side of the family came over so it was pretty packed over there. On Boxing day Andrew and I decided to fight the crowds and find some deals....we didn't really find any deals but I bought a nice sweater that was on sale and we got a couple other items.

During our last week of holidays we went snowboarding, spent time with Britt and Mikail, played games, ate lots of food and relaxed....it really was a wonderful holiday. I am not very excited to be back at school because the last 3 weeks just flew by!!! Oh well....it is my first day of my last semester and I couldn't be happier!!! Almost done...final push...I can do it !

No comments:

Post a Comment