BACKGROUND

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Scarlette is TWO!

Wow, the years have flown by much to quickly for me! This little girl has been the biggest blessing in Andrew and I's lives. I wish I was better at keeping her baby book but unfortunately life gets busy and I don't always get around to it. I don't really know where I left off with all of Scarlette's milestones but let me have a quick moment to brag about this girl. Scarlette is such a little sweetheart but you have to crack through that thick shell of hers to get to her soft centre ( wonder who she gets that from lol...). Scarlette is ALL things music. She is super dramatic and if you have been around her much you will see her busting out to "Let it Go", "Popular", "Under the Sea", "Part of your world" and "Toopy and Binoo Theme song". She is little miss pop star. She is absolutely fantastic at remembering song lyrics...though her mother may be the only one who understands what she is singing haha. I don't really know how many words she has but she can usually repeat back to us any word that we say to her...as long as she is in the mood of course. She usually groups about 4 or 5 words together when she wants something and always remembers her "Please" and "Thank-you's".  She LOVES the park, we always leave with her kicking and screaming. She has been out to the Raymond pool a few times and has got  brave enough to go down the red waterslide with me. Scarlette is an awesome big sister...she is always giving Lexi kisses and hugs. She still calls her "Sucky". Whenever we leave the house I usually go put Lexi in the car first and wait for Scarlette to come down the stairs in front of our house. She always calls out " I'm Coming Sucky!!". While we are driving she BELTS out Wicked songs. Popular is her favourite...she calls it "poopooler"...and right when it ends she says "Mommy Again?!". Her favourite T.V. show is Toopy&Binoo but recently she has really got into Dora the Explorer on netflix. She started saying "Hola Mommy" and "Hola Daddy" to us today....uhh...ok then little spanish girl...she also was yelling "Ariba" at my Grandma's house tonight lol. Her favourite movies are Monsters University, Monsters Inc. and The Little Mermaid. She carries around little Mike and Sully figurines everywhere we go. She also goes to bed with them and if she can't find them she runs into our room and says "Mummy....where's Mike Go??". Also, she hangs out with my siblings A LOT...so she tends to call me Mummy 50% of the time and Nick the other 50% of the time. She usually calls me "Nick" when I'm not paying attention to her or when she is angry with me....2 going on 16 I tell ya! Scarlette is very motherly. The other night she took her baby doll, swaddled her as best as she could, went into the kitchen where we sometimes bounce Lexi under the fan, came back into our bedroom and put her baby doll in the Mamaroo...turned it on and gave her a kiss. How sweet. She also really pays attention to what I say and mimics it to the baby. I have obviously tried to discipline Scarlette as of late...and unfortunately I am not one of those "positive reinforcement" type of parents...so we say "No" and "Stop" in this house. The other day Lexi was crying and Scarlette went over to her and said "Stop Sucky......Sisten(listen)". I almost busted a gut laughing. I better be a good example to that little sweetie because she is way more perceptive then I would have thought. Before bed and even sometimes during the day, Scarlette likes to cuddle up and read books. She has a few of them memorized already... The Potty book in particular....the way she says Diaper is CLASSIC....it sounds like a different language (Die-Puuuhs). She loves to stand at the window and look at all the cars driving by. She also loves to ask me the same questions 100 times...do 2 year olds have short term memory loss because sometimes I feel like I am talking to Dory off Finding Nemo. "Where's Juice Go?" "It's in your room"....5 seconds later "Where's Juice Go?".....haha. Anyways, I want to make sure I write down all the things that she is into right now...I may be adding things later. Scarlette loves to pray....she even says Amen. She loves nursery and talks about going all throughout Sacrament meeting but won't stay in there anymore without me being there. She is scared of dogs and was even roaring at a dog last week to try and get it to go away lol. Anyways, I think I got most things. She is the best. So hilarious but also so moody haha. Here are her "two year photos". I was getting so frustrated because she would not smile for me or stand still. I came home feeling defeated...how could I not get ONE good shot of my child. Then I realized the photos I took were absolutely perfect after looking at them. Every single photo captures the true essence of Scarlette and how I want to remember her. She is NOT a smiley kid, she is moody, she is two and won't stand still...and most importantly she is beautiful no matter if she has bed head or perfectly placed pig tails. She always gives me hugs and kisses when she knows I'm sad. She tries to console Lexi when she is crying and is so distraught if Lexi is upset. She is so loving and has a special sense to comfort us even when we aren't acting openly sad. She is a joy and we LOVE her.




















No comments:

Post a Comment