BACKGROUND

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Miscellaneous Thoughts

1. After watching all the seasons of Grey's Anatomy for the third time this past Spring, I have realized that I absolutely HATE watching shows with the adverts. I cannot even concentrate on what is going on and I feel like I suddenly have ADD. So I somewhat remember what occurred on tonights episode but at the same time it really didn't captivate me. I admit the early seasons were amazing compared to the past 3....but I have to watch it till the end!

2. I have always been kind of interested in what Scandal is all about and although I really don't like the glorification of affairs in the media I totally got sucked in when Season two was on sale for $18 at Costco. The idea that an affair is OK as long as you are with your supposed sole mate makes me hesitant to watch shows like this so I don't love recommending it to people but please take that part with a grain of salt because over half of the show is about conspiracy theories and secret organizations which are full of drama! The producer actually goes to a woman who worked in the white house and which Olivia Pope is loosely based off of, to ask what she would do in certain situations. Kind of a fun fact. Anyways, I am just loving this show right now!

3. I'm kind of getting sick of good messages being torn apart by bloggers just trying to have their 15 minutes of fame. The point of my blog is to journal thoughts I am having, experiences my family goes through and keep close friends in the loop so I realize that other people are trying to make money blogging...but seriously. I just want to read ONE article that doesn't have 100 rebuttals about how it is totally off base and wrong. For instance, a few days ago I watched that mormon video about the mom doing all that service, ended up missing her meeting with her cousin, which she was really looking forward too, and then realizing that Heavenly Father has a plan for us all and the other things she did that day were more important then meeting up with her cousin, even though I'm sure Heavenly Father would have loved for her to do that too if there was enough time in the day. Instead of being uplifted by that video, taking the message to heart and noting that the intention of the video was not saying that women should never say "No" to things being asked of them if the stretch is too much...but that it is OK to stretch ourselves in order to grow (also the point of us being here on earth)...some bloggers felt the need to tear this good intentioned video apart, saying that we should not be service martyrs blah blah blah. I wish life could just be SIMPLE. Just watch the video, enjoy it, feel the spirit, apply it to YOUR life (everyone's life is different, therefore the application of the principle being taught will be different). Why do you have to try to ruin it for others!!!! I just want to read ONE article or watch ONE video and simply be uplifted without a blogger trying to gain an audience with their negativity. Rant Over.

So yeah....that is why this post was entitled Miscellaneous Thoughts LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment